Try our chicken salad with a California twist for your summer time picnic! Golden rotisserie chicken mixed with Pink Lady® Apple chunks, just picked herbs and sun kissed dried apricots in a tangy honey mayo spread. Tossed with almond slices and topped with perfectly crispy bacon. Serve between crusty rosemary bread or on top of a mix of buttery baby lettuce. * Can be made paleo and gluten free.
DESIGNED FOR 4-6 SERVINGS
- 1 pink lady® apple, cut into chunks
- 1 rotisserie whole chicken, skin and bones removed, cut into chunks
- 1 packet bacon, cook by directions
- 5 celery stalks – 1 cup, sliced thinly
- 1/3 cup dried turkish apricots, sliced
- 3 tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- 4 tbsp fresh basil, sliced thinly
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup extra olive oil mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp raw sage honey
- 2 small loafs rosemary bread *
- 1 container of mixed baby lettuce
- sea salt, black pepper to taste
Take one whole rotisserie chicken, remove skin and bones and cut into chunks. In a medium bowl, toss chicken, apple chunks, celery and apricot slices. In another bowl, mix well mayo, honey and fresh herbs. Salt and pepper to taste. Add chicken and fruit mixture into the mayo spread. Mix well and add almond slices. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Take each individual rosemary bread loafs and slice in half, toast lightly in an iron skillet. Cook bacon according to directions on package until crisp. Add bacon slices on top of each sandwich. Chicken salad can be refrigerated overnight. Enjoy!
* For breadless option: serve in lettuce cups or on top of a bed of baby lettuce. Paleo option: 4-6 Paleo Dehydrated Coconut Flesh Wraps.