Baked Brie with Warm Bourbon Pink Lady® Apples
Sautéed Apples and Brie
- 1 (8 ounce) wheel of brie
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 Pink Lady® Apple, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons bourbon, whiskey or rum (or substitute 2 tablespoons of water for a nonalcoholic version)
- 1 cup of pecans
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup
- Pinch of coarse salt
- Make the candied pecans: Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spread the pecans evenly on a baking sheet and toast for 10-12 minutes until fragrant and lightly browned. Remove sheet pan from the oven and immediately drizzle the maple syrup over the pecans, stirring to coat all the nuts. Sprinkle with salt and let cool on the pan. Keep oven on.
- Warm the brie: Place the wheel of brie in a small shallow baking dish or sheet pan, bake for 10 minutes, until the center feels soft. Remove and set aside.
- Sauté the apples: Combine the brown sugar and bourbon (or water) in a small dish and set aside. Heat the butter in a heavy skillet over medium heat, add the apple slices in an even layer and let cook until the apples begin to brown, stirring occasionally. Carefully add the sugar bourbon mixture and a pinch of salt to the skillet, stirring often, until the liquid has evaporated and the apples are golden brown and glossy.
- Transfer the warm brie to a serving platter, layer the sautéed apples on top, sprinkle with candied pecans, serve the remaining pecans on the side. Serve warm with toasted baguette slices or crackers.