Pink Lady® Apple Cider Hot Toddies for Two
- 1 1/2 cups apple cider
- 2 whole star anise
- 1 whole cinnamon stick, plus extra for garnish
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup or honey (or to taste)
- 3 ounces bourbon
- 2 whole oranges
- 1 Pink Lady® Apple, thinly sliced
- Combine the apple cider, star anise and cinnamon stick in a small sauce pot. Place over high heat and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer 5 minutes, or until the cinnamon stick opens up.
- While the cider is simmering, juice one orange and slice the second orange into half rounds. Add the apple slices and orange slices to the cider.
- Remove cider from the heat and stir in the orange juice and maple syrup.
- Ladle hot cider into mugs, add 1 1/2 ounces of bourbon to each mug. Garnish with orange and apple slices and serve.
- Store leftover cider after it has cooled in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.