Vinaigrette (makes ⅔ cup)
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 quarter of a small jalapeño, seeded (depending on your desired level of heat)
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 cup neutral tasting oil
- 1 tsp honey
- Pinch of salt and pepper to taste
- 2 medium sized Pink Lady® apples, cut into chunks
- 4 Cara Cara oranges, peel cut off and cut into chunks
- 2 avocados, cut into chunks
- 1 small fennel bulb, thinly sliced (Substitute Jicama if fennel is not available)
- Additional cilantro for garnish
Make the vinaigrette: In a blender combine the cilantro, garlic, 1/4 jalapeño, lime juice, oil, honey and a small pinch of salt and pepper. Blend on high until combined, taste and adjust the salt, pepper, and jalapeño as needed. Store leftover dressing in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Assemble the salad: Add the apples, oranges, and fennel to a large mixing bowl and toss gently to combine (NOTE: this coats the apples and fennel in citrus juice to keep them from browning), add the avocado and carefully toss again so the avocado does not break up.
Transfer salad to serving plates and drizzle with dressing, garnish with additional cilantro if desired.
This salad is best served immediately.